Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Sign!

One Saturday before Christmas, Levi asked his dad if he could go and do something with his friend. His dad said yes (not thinking to get details). I came home and asked where Levi went. The conversation went something like this:
Me: Where is Levi?
Kirk: I don't know.
Me: Well, when will he be home?
Kirk: I'm not sure.
Me: Can you call him and ask if he will be home in time to go with us to the party?
Kirk calls Levi and asks where he is. Levi responds "at Ft. Story". Kirk tells him that he needs to find a ride to the party because we are leaving soon.
When we get to the party, the parents of Levi's friend approach us and tell us that we need to talk about our sons. Apparently Levi and his friend went driving up scout hill on the base. Now mind you, scout hill is pretty much a big sand dune with bushes and trees. I guess they got in some loose sand and the truck got really stuck. Niether of them wanted to call their dads and tell them that they were stuck. Luckily (??) the military police showed up and pulled them out.
The next day we were driving to church when Levi declairs "I think I have been given a sign that I should get a Chevrolet truck!" Upon further explaination, he said that both of the times that he got the truck stuck (in the mud and later in the sand), it was a Chevy that pulled him out, and that is surely a sign! (A sign of what, I don't know)

No comments: