This week I got a job. It was kind of an odd thing, I was just in the right place at the right time. A friend asked if I knew of someone who would be interested in a temporary job basically being an office assistant. I thought about it and decided to apply.
What was I thinking?? Do you know how long it's been since I've been in the working world? I thought that I had a somewhat current resume' on the computer, but I didn't. It's been so long that I don't even know if they had computers to put a resume' on (ha,ha)
They actually hired me after going in and touring the office. They don't know anything about my previous work experience. They have no idea of how obsessive/compulsive I am about office supplies and organizing/labeling things. I went in to train yesterday and already have the itch to get some new supplies. Since I am just "filling in", I will try to maintain some control.
I don't even know how much I will get paid. Guess that may be a handy thing to know.
Wish me luck with not turning into "Monk" (TV character) and being totally obsessive/compulsive.
4 years ago
2 comments:
Now don't go and blow your whole paycheck at office max... unless they'll reimburse, in that case get me some pens ;)
That joke must go way inside because that is not even a coherent paragraph. BTW, thanks again for watching my kids. Now that you're a big working woman you're too good to update your blog, is that it? In that case, can you hook a sister up with some back crackin'?
Post a Comment