4 years ago
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Jasper and the Tattle-tell
Well, we learned what a wimp Jasper really is. He acts all tough, and thinks that he's getting away with something when he sneaks outside, but he had a wake-up call this week. Every time Jasper sneaks out, we hear a big commotion in the front yard. The other day I looked out the window to see a female blue-jay sitting on the mailbox squawking loudly at Jasper, who was half under the car. I went out the door and called Jasper and he meowed and started to run over to me. All of the sudden, this bird dive-bombs him until he ran back under the car. I called him again and he came running while I ran interference with the bird. I opened the door to let Jasper in but he would not go in the house, so I came in and left him outside. He immediately started to meow at the door, so I opened it again. He wanted me to come outside and protect him from the bird so he could be out in the yard. You know, I don't go out anymore and sit and watch the kids play, but I found myself sitting out on the sidewalk so I could watch the CAT. Man, I have some spoiled kitties. This big commotion happens every time Jasper gets out. I can always tell when he sneaks out because the bird tattles on him and attacks him. I suppose the blue-jay has a nest near-by and will probably leave the cat alone when the babies leave the nest. For Jasper's sake I hope it is soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I could bring our cat Popper over and we could have a cat playgroup ;) He likes to sneak outside sometimes too but we get the dog to look after him, LOL
Post a Comment