Neither rain, sleet,......or tropical storm will keep BINGO from happening. We have lived here through many bad storms and a few bad hurricanes. I think "Bonnie" was our first hurricane after moving here. I don't remember if it fell on a Tuesday or Thursday (those are BINGO days), but while we were going over to a friend's house to "ride out the storm", everybody else went to play BINGO. Over the years, I have even seen them chain the signs down, but they never cancel BINGO. I guess it gives people something to do during the storm.

These pictures were taken in our area before the worst of the storm hit. This is mild flooding compared to the rest of the area. The first picture is a canal in our neighborhood that is badly overflowing.
Across this road is supposed to be a parking lot and a big lawn.
This is on part of a main road near our house. Back about 1/2 mile, this main road was closed because of flooding.
The ducks were in heaven.
The canal on the other side of the neighborhood.
One side of the road by my kids' bus stop.The other side -- pretty close to going over the road.
We were very fortunate in that we only lost power for a very brief time and we did not have any property damage from the storm. The ground is just very mushy in throughout our yard and neighborhood. Lucky!

No comments:
Post a Comment